Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Like to make a toast

Yesterday was my first Toastmasters meeting. I haven't spoken in front of a crowd in about a month, so it was refreshing to step out of my comfort zone with a topic that I knew nothing about.

"the center for Irish Fun" - Yeah, had no idea what to talk about or where to start. I think the last time that I wrote and essay, I was talking about a book that I may or may not have read. Made it a lot easier to speak about. But it was good practice to have no idea or preparation about the topic. I can see why people would join Toastmasters.

Funny thing happened afterward, a younger, beautiful, woman came up to me afterward. The conversation was positive and very exciting. My new found freedom, and her drive for her own business seemed like a symbiotic setup. Was enlightening.

She asked me that question of : "What are you going to do now?" My face lit up. Something clicked in my head, and all I could hear was myself asking my-self' "What would you do if money didn't matter? Where would you go? What would you want to feel?" It was like God had pulled back the curtain, and the clouds had removed themselves from the sun, and as soon as I started to think about what I wanted to do. Everything seemed to light up! Was great.

Like Wayne Dyer says : "When you are truly inspired to do something, and you follow that path, then all you have to do is manage the coincidences that occur in your life" SO true.

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment